Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Arm Adapter help!! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello! I for the life of me can't figure out how to install a new shower head given the shower arm I presently have.

At first I thought a "ball end shower arm adapter" would do the trick, but the ball on my set up is attached not to the arm, but the shower head itself. Help!

Here's the shower head I want to install:
IMG-6212.jpg
IMG-6214.jpg

And here's what's sticking out of the wall/the OLD shower-head I removed:
IMG-6204.jpg

IMG-6209.jpg

This piece screwed into the shower arm sticking out of the wall:
IMG-6205.jpg

IMG-6206.jpg

This is the OLD shower-head with the ball that inserts into the white plastic bit and then is secured to the white plastic bit with the metal threaded ring
IMG-6207.jpg

This is the metal threaded ring separated from the old shower head
IMG-6208.jpg

It looks like a male to male adapter (the newer standard, smaller size) might do the trick, but I haven't been able to find anything like that on Amazon for example. How do I do this? Thanks so much!

Reply to Shower Arm Adapter help!! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi All - Apologies for what is probably a very sill question but I am trying to get a shower that attaches to my existing bath taps. I want one with an over head shower head and a hand held one but they all seem to come with thermostatic taps that involve drilling into the wall to plumb in. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I have done this before in another install but the valves were Danfoss and directly compatible with Hive. I am looking for an adapter that will be able...
Replies
Views
Hi I've purchased a GROHE | Euphoria 260 Exposed Shower ( looks nice ) however Im missing some initial connecting adapters the installation instructions say it comes with " easy install adapters " and threaded tape ....I have neither of these ,all I have is the " S " unions ... so I did a bit of...
Replies
Views
when I use my shower there is a leak to the property below. I stopped using it for a week and redone the waste, in this time the water leaking through to the neighbour dried out. Started using the shower again and the leak reappeared, the shower is a concealed mixer type. I believe the leak is...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock