Search the forum,

Discuss Shower advice for a mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So recently we had a shower with exposed pipes and I decided to sink the pipes into the wall, Ive completed that task only to find I havent sank them deep enough. Issue now is when I put the shower mixer on it sits off the wall by around 20mm or so.

Even worse is the shower has been tiled and Im not wanting to remove the tiles, is their a any suggestions around this?

Can you get a mixer that comes with pipe on it that would wall mount and fit into push fit fittings?
Any recommendation for a surface mounted mixer tap and I can bring the pipe out into the mixer?

The mixer I have comes with a 22mm to 15mm coupler and you put the isolating valve inside it and then mount it so its adding in extra length I dont want to add in, or can you get a 15mm compression connection on the mixer so it literally just attaches to the pipes?
Do you need to have isolating valves on them if they are in the wall? No access doesnt make sense to me.

TIA

Any pictures?

Any pictures?
So this is the adaptors on the end of the isolating valves, even if there’s a wall mounted version that doesn’t require adaptors etc and a 15mm pipe can go straight into it that would work. Need to get this operational soon, been procrastinating for a few weeks on this already.

Attachments

• 0FEAE931-EEE4-46F8-9470-1F1E87B1388D.jpeg
    0FEAE931-EEE4-46F8-9470-1F1E87B1388D.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 921BB896-31ED-4423-92C2-2D3B7BB95BDD.jpeg
    921BB896-31ED-4423-92C2-2D3B7BB95BDD.jpeg
    442.7 KB · Views: 14
Sorry to say tiles need to come off as your not supposed to do it like that

15mm pipe out of the wall

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/swirl-bar-valve-wall-mount-fixing-kit-chrome/8669h

Sorry to say tiles need to come off as your not supposed to do it like that

15mm pipe out of the wall
The isolating valve and adaptor can be removed and 15mm copper pipe can be installed. So if I have 15mm pipe coming out of the wall I can use these adaptors in the link and then connect in a mixer shower valve to it?

Correct

Reply to Shower advice for a mixer tap in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock