Search the forum,

Discuss Should i complain about mess and damages by plumbers after a combi boiler instalation? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My new fitted combi boiler works great But the plumber made a huge mess when he got the old hot water tank from the loft. He dragged it across the floor and scraped my laminate floor and left all blue liquids across my home. He then took it outside and drained it in the street right infront of my home. Cars drove over it and now my road has blue tire marks all up and down the street.

What is this liquid and should i make a complaint? Ask for compensation for the laminate?

Advice please

Attachments

• 20210803_163120.jpg
    20210803_163120.jpg
    996 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210803_163024.jpg
    20210803_163024.jpg
    361.7 KB · Views: 48
That's very unprofessional and not what any installer would normally do floor protection should of been used , we all have issues when dealing with these sort of jobs but damage to your home and mess in the street is unacceptable, I would be asking for the mess outside to be cleaned up it will need power washing from the pictures there are companies who do this type of work, a reduction in the installation cost maybe the answer but it's what you're willing to accept really. Regards kop

The green liquid is probably the remnants of oxidisation of the copper which has leaked onto the surfaces of where the cylinder has been. Either way agree with everone else, it’s not profsessional, and would certainly air my views to the installer, give thema chance to make things right.

Yep, he's made a mess, no two ways around it.
You might be pushing it a little though for compensation for the laminate. Doesn't look exactly in tip top condition to start with. Doesn't excuse the mess but probably flogging a dead horse with that.

Was it a big company that did the job?

Reply to Should i complain about mess and damages by plumbers after a combi boiler instalation? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock