Search the forum,

Discuss Should a water arrestor be banging? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I had a problem with water hammer where the pipes in my house would bang every time I turned a tap off quickly.

I called a plumber and he advised fitting a water arrestor, which I'd heard about after looking the problem up online, so I agreed and had one fitted.

The banging sound has gone when I turn the taps off but I now get it when I turn them on. There's a noticeable BANG from the arrestor whenever a tap is opened quickly. I asked the plumber about it and they said it's just the arrestor working and it takes the bang when the taps are turned on so I won't get it when they're turned off.

Is it normal for a water arrestor to bang like this?

Did he set it for your water pressure?

Can you provide a photo or the make/model of the device, please? We should be sure what nature of beast we are discussing.

The pressure inside the arrestor needs to be set slightly lower than the incoming water supply to take up the expansion and contraction ?? It won't cure badly fitted pipe noise. Kop

Reply to Should a water arrestor be banging? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock