Search the forum,

Discuss Short reduction in boiler location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Monkeyman

I am getting quotes in for a full new combo system (currently open vented).
The boiler is in the garage, not ideal for a combination as it's 5m before it enters the house.
One plumber suggested moving the location for the new combo to a different garage wall (internal ) which would reduce about 2m from the distance - but create a lot more work (longer flue, drain through the kitchen etc).
I wondered if 2m saving is really going to make that much difference?

Cheers

Upto you but depending on Pipework it's 2m less draining of cold water before you get hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Short reduction in boiler location in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop (with dividing stud partition wall) currently not covered by the central heating. The former is not currently user friendly in winter, and we get by...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators (includes 4 towel rails), a 6m x 4m orangery/conservatory that was built last year with under-floor heating, and a Megaflo for storing hot water. The UFH...
Replies
Views
We are experiencing an issue with CH short cycling on a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25i ErP boiler. From a cold start the boiler fires for only ~25 seconds before exceeding the set CH flow temperature and entering it's 3 minute short cycle programme. As soon as the short cycle programme kicks in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock