Search the forum,

Discuss Short cycling in Potterton Kingfisher (Pilot not lit) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
This post is a continuation of my post of yesterday entitled Short cycling in Potterton Kingfisher, BUT with an important change in information. In my previous post, I gave the sequence of events as follows:
a) Fan starts running
b) A few seconds later the green Flame LED lights up
c) A couple of seconds later I hear the Wumph of gas igniting
d) A couple of seconds later everything stops
e) Steps a) to d) are repeated endlessly

This evening I peered through the little circular observation window in the front panel of the boiler as the above sequence took place. This is what I observed:
Very soon after the fan starts, the pilot flame is lit, a pale blue flame is visible, no sound is produced when this happens. Then when the green LED lights, the flame becomes much brighter blue, the whump gas ignition sound occurs and then the flame AND the pilot flame are extinguished. Shouldn't the pilot remain lit? I have no intention of fiddling with the boiler, but I do want to know what is the possible cause of this problem.

Depending on model it might be auto ignition so this is normal

Reply to Short cycling in Potterton Kingfisher (Pilot not lit) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock