Search the forum,

Discuss Shires up90 or up100 syphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I am looking for either a shires up90 or up100 syphon.
Please reach out if you have one available new or used.
Many thanks

Nothing there :( - though I keep looking. Hoping someone here might have one from old stock, or come across one when removing an old suite.
As I understand it Shires folded some time ago.

As above, could do with a pic but I also can't see why you need a specific shires syphon. Only reason I can think of is it's one of those toilet pans which requires a swirling action to syphon water out the pan. If that's the case then a standard syphon will do, you'll just need an air extractor as well.

shires-bathrooms-prelude-siphonic-wc-siphon-air-extractor-[2]-18126-p.jpg

Shires Bathrooms PRELUDE siphonic WC siphon & air extractor

Ah ha I think this is something to do with Star Wars, and these things have become valuable/expensive to the right person!

Just have a google, it’s part of some costume- the SW fans wet themselves for this type of thing.
Just a bit annoyed at OP’s disingenuity regarding purpose and value.
If they’d said “ hey guys you won’t believe this but I’ll pay £100+ for an old syphon as it’s part of a costume I’m trying to put together” we’d all be trawling through our scrap! Or even without the mention of money, as it’s a bit different to the usual requests.

I might have one of those syphons.
I almost replied to the OP to say I have one I could post to them. :rolleyes:
How much would it be worth??

Yes that’s it! Apparently one with a little fin on the down leg is more desirable?!
Nice and clean over £100 I believe

Yes I am looking for one of these for this pack. But prices mentioned above are only paid for by a very small number of people and we are talking 'worldwide' you see the pack shown is incredibly difficult to assemble using original parts and not much is known about many of the items on it either, which works against people actually assembling one in this way - if you're talking vintage camera flashes then it's a different story. So the reality is it is not that desired an item amongst the community more a nice to have. Most people who troop buy replica packs in full, some will try and update parts if they can find bits but wouldn't go out of their way to do so at the prices mentioned above. So yes it because of the Star Wars tag I didn't say why I wanted one, just look at the reaction, but the truth is just because it's something that was used by makers in Star Wars doesn't mean people will pay through the nose for one. How many requests have there been for one of these here up to now - not very many, if not none, from what I can see.
I am happy to look in my local reclamation yards from time to time and to visit ebay, but thought I'd ask here.
If someone has one and is willing to be realistic about selling one then please reach out.

Do you get asked why you want to buy something when you look to buy something. Most of the time it doesn't happen? As soon as you say Star Wars look what happens. If your into this hobby it really becomes tiresome how people want to fleece you.

You could look at it the other way and say you wanted to buy one on the cheap to make a large profit on it?

No simply looking to update kit parts. You can take a look at the Star Wars boards see how many people are out there offering them. No one - anyone asking about aquireing you will find its one, only me. Where is the Demand? Most who have one produce the kits. I don't have time space or facilities , nor inclination to get into that game.

Do you get asked why you want to buy something when you look to buy something. Most of the time it doesn't happen? As soon as you say Star Wars look what happens. If your into this hobby it really becomes tiresome how people want to fleece you.

no as i normally say want i want and why, this site is for plumbers and gas fitters/engineers the part you wanted is no longer made so when you ask for something thats why you were asked for photos and also told obsolete no longer in production, most of the guys here have no idea about cos play and dressing up as stormtroopers or darth vader. pretty sure if someone had had one and you said what it was for. you may well have been offered one for postage cost only. but you thought you would be clever and try surreptitiously to get one without letting on you might trick the old fuddy duddy plumbers into letting you have one.

It's because you are plumbers etc that your more likely than I to come by one, so yes it's natural I would come here to ask, I'd be stupid not to. I didn't answer your question I've said why that's it nothing more, you see how it's gone with the slightest of mention to Star Wars. It's fine if you were in a position to sell one, offer one whatever I'm sure we could come to an arrangement on price, if you don't then that's fine too.

moved to existing thread,

only need one thread / topic op

Hello, i am here for the same thing 😂
That the only original part i still need to found in order to to complete my replica sandtrooper backpack and a set.
I work in building construction in France but this model was not introduced here so impossible to found on a construction site 😅
I am looking for a UP90 and a UP100 (both were used on sandtrooper backpack, but the 100 also in the detention block set build in Elstree Studio (1976))
If you have it for sell i am interessing. :)
Thanks
Franck

6rach92y.jpg

99ef082c695bb802fbfb42df7869bced.jpg

Reply to Shires up90 or up100 syphon in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock