Search the forum,

Discuss Shared Water Supply Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Juney

Our house was an old coaching inn, and in the 1960's it was split into two cottages. We do not have our own water supply, it comes into next door, and then comes 60-70ft under the ground to our house via a 15mm copper pipe. We do not have good water pressure, so have to have gravity fed shower etc. Rightly or wrongly I don't know, but they have a normal electric shower next door.

My question is - we pay a standing charge for water, even though we do not have our own supply. Is this right do you think? Should we question it, as we do not get the same service really?

Just tell waterboard. Your not paying water rates then? If you have no water bill they will fit u a supply and bill you accordingly. If you do pay just complain that your supply is dirty and frequently interrupted. #blagafreeupgrade

Rightly or wrongly I don't know, but they have a normal electric shower next door.

My question is - we pay a standing charge for water, even though we do not have our own supply. Is this right do you think? Should we question it, as we do not get the same service really?

You do get the same service, except they have a means of restricting your supply by turning down a valve or similar? I doubt that. There are areas where three-four houses share same outside 'stop tap'. And in some areas, a whole street share one. So if a neighbour needs work done and can't turn off internal one (if at all they have one), they just turn the one in street off so none of the neighbours can have a shower till they are done.
As Ermi says, ask your local Water Supplier to fit yours. My guess is they will gladly do so as you'll end up paying more. The up side is: you will have a better pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shared Water Supply Question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock