Search the forum,

Discuss Set fan operation switch in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, here is my question: my house 's central air conditioner has gas Heater and electric A/C, which fan operation I should switch in the thermostat? gas or electric? here are the manual instructions:
Set Fan Operation Switch, Move the switch to the proper setting:
- Gas or Oil: For gas or oil heating systems, leave the fan operation switch in this factory-set position (for systems that control the fan in a call for heat).
-Electric or Heat Pump: Change the switch to this setting for heat pump or electric heat systems. (This setting is for systems that allow the thermostat to control the fan in a call for heat, if a fan wire is connected to the G terminal.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks

Gas heat depending on stat

As the ac should bring on the fan automatically if it’s been wired correctly

Reply to Set fan operation switch in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, whenever my Gloworm 18r is on even if I leave it on non-stop for 6 hours the flame symbol for the burner never switches off and the radiator icon never stops flashing implying the rads are calling for more heat, even though they're all red hot and have been for hours, is this a fault or just...
Replies
Views
Baxi 600 central heating is set at minimum the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running ) this is like this all day is this correct before I call out engineer there are no other controls ie time lock or room stat on system
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler modulates (presumably) and stays running for very long periods (many hours) but the circulating water is only luke warm (about 35 degrees) Any heating...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can offer me advice? I have an old Glowworm Micron 30FF. Must be about 18 years old. The whole system needs replacing if I am honest - the tank it fills...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock