Search the forum,

Discuss service valves or not in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Refurbishing a bathroom - cold water is mains fed, hot from combi. There is a main service valve to the whole system where the supply enters the house. Do I need to have service valves on bathroom sink, shower and bath? Normally if I have to repair/replace anything I just shut off the main valve.

They’re not required, only one required is on the toilet. It’s good practice and if you wanted to I’d recommend full bore ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends on the type of kit / sanitary

Showers and baths no

Toilets and basins yes if you can access them afterwards

Personally I think they're pointless. They leak for fun and more often than not you end up replacing them as well as the tap you are isolating.
As above, if they are easily accessible afterwards and you turn them once a year to keep them active, it might be seen as good practice by some.

Reply to service valves or not in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock