Search the forum,

Discuss Service leaver looking to gain plumbing experience. Will work for free. London/Essex. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

samgordon28

Hello everyone, my name's Sam & I'm 28 years old.

I'm currently serving in The Army & will be leaving within the next 10 months. Between now & then I'm hoping to gain some practical experience within the Plumbing trade and would be willing to work for free on my days off. I have every weekend off as well as various weeks/long weekends. I would be willing to travel and would be flexible with regards to location as I'm based in Colchester, Essex with work and spend my free time between London and Coventry. I could travel to these areas and any surrounding areas.

I have previously attended college and achieved a level 2 in plumbing, I am now enrolled on an intensive refresher course to refresh the skills I learned. I do also have some hands-on experience.

I would appreciate any help & advice any of you could offer me. What I have to offer is a hard-working & mature attitude, I am reliable, flexible & confident with an eagerness to learn new skills. I'm efficient & highly organised with great customer service skills & with leadership qualities that I have gained from my time in the Army.

Thank you in advance for your help & I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Re: Service leaver looking to gain plumbing experience. Will work for free. London/Es

you want to get your level 3 sorted and move onto gas or oil as soon as you can. I found trying to live off plumbing alone was hard work. Having said that, there is still the issue of getting a job with no experience and thats the hard thing to overcome, most who make it have done so on their own, find a friendly plumber to act as mentor if you can, and bleed them for advice, and start small and work up. manufacturers courses are a bonus but dont expect to be rich overnight, if ever, but you never know. Mainly its attitude and a preparedness to do anything to live initially if you want to do it on your own, otherwise go for a bg apprenticeship etc, no small company will normally touch you as lack of experience is your issue. good luck it can be done

Re: Service leaver looking to gain plumbing experience. Will work for free. London/Es

Thank you for your reply. My plan is to hopefully find an employer who will take me on as an apprentice/trainee and then enroll onto the level 3 course at college next September. I'm remaining hopeful of finding/meeting someone who would be willing to give me some hands-on experience although I know it won't be easy, even when offering to work for free! Again, thank you for your advice, it's appreciated.

Hi mate, I retrained as a gas engineer for my resettlent 5 years ago. it's hard to get yourself out there and get someone to take you under there wing. if your not out yet, some of the companies looking after the married quarters (MODern solutions) were helpful when I left, as you already have security clearance and know the area. Failing that there's loads of ex mil sites and the legion that may have contacts. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service leaver looking to gain plumbing experience. Will work for free. London/Essex. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock