Search the forum,

Discuss Separating Heat and Hot Water....??? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alfie MacLaren

Hello Everyone,

I've just taken over a property that I lived in with a relative, following his recent passing. Trying my best to enhance the heating system somewhat by simply wanting to separate the control of central heating and hot water provision and introduce some enhanced controllability.

I purchased a Hive System to try and achieve this goal. Having previously, successfully, self installed a Tado system in my previous residence I thought this install would be a piece of cake - but NO!

I have an oil fired condensing boiler system and I have received a quote for the install of two motorised valves and some other bits and pieces to "enable" the system to work (according to the quoter) - price £1600 plus tax!

As far as I know, I require two powered motorised valves and that's it-one for CH and one for HW?

It would really instil me with confidence if I could achieve this project single handed-any suggestions or further details required?

Thanking you all in advance!

Updating controls isn't cheap. S plan, 2 x 2 ports, new programmer, new cylinder stat, new room stat?, wiring or wire free.

Get another estimate.

Reply to Separating Heat and Hot Water....??? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing a rather complex situation and I need your expert advice. My neighbor and I share a boiler for hot water, and we have a single recirculation pump serving both of our homes. However, after the pump, the recirculation circuit splits into two separate branches, each...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock