Search the forum,

Discuss Self employed and finding my groove? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just like this but without being VAT registered in first place.
Would mean I can pass the larger parts costs through the buisness, all I need to do is add explanation to terms and conditions of contract and itemise actual cost on invoice as a disinbersment.
Only downside is not being able to mark up parts but I dont mark up boilers anyway.
Basically means I can increase my turnover by £20K+ without going over threshold.

Gets a bit more iffy if I did it with all parts but my turnover is very roughly 50/50 parts and labour.
I could compensate for markup with labour cost or separate charge and effectively raise threshold to equivalent of £170K

Isn't that fraud?
you can use the kids, parents, grand parents, any number you want. The smart people do this to pay little or no tax as well. For example, a child has the same personal tax allowance as a grand parent. So 2 kids plus wife (if not working) plus parents (if not working) plus grandparents. So £12.750 x 8 so over £100k legally earned without tax having to be paid. If you don't have the people then just create numerous Ltd companies instead, keep them for 3 years then fold them for £10 each. No tax, no VAT no nothing. All perfectly legal. The system has gaping holes to enable the wealthy to avoid tax so they can't close them. They work on your training as good sheeple not to be "unfair" LOL

Gets a bit more iffy if I did it with all parts but my turnover is very roughly 50/50 parts and labour.
I could compensate for markup with labour cost or separate charge and effectively raise threshold to equivalent of £170K
so you become a retailer and have all of the consumer protection laid at your door...wow, now that is stupid

Hi @hometech
I think you've missed the point on both instances there.
My plan involves avoiding VAT registration and is perfectly moral and fair (in my opinion)
Your talking about income tax avoidance and if not technically illegal it is certainly wrong (atleast to the extent your suggesting).
I'm no sheep for contributing towards the running of my country and the support of my fellow Countyman (altho I don't love the bill), I'm a strong, grown arse, responsible and decent man!

Acting as an agent actually absolves me of any responsibilities for parts as the customer has effectively purchased them themselves...?

Hi @hometech
I think you've missed the point on both instances there.
My plan involves avoiding VAT registration and is perfectly moral and fair (in my opinion)
Your talking about income tax avoidance and if not technically illegal it is certainly wrong (atleast to the extent your suggesting).
I'm no sheep for contributing towards the running of my country and the support of my fellow Countyman (altho I don't love the bill), I'm a strong, grown arse, responsible and decent man!

Acting as an agent actually absolves me of any responsibilities for parts as the customer has effectively purchased them themselves...?

multiple companies and or individuals names on receipts removes the vat threshold. Simple.
You need legal advice if you think that you are absolved as an "agent". Are Tesco's "agents" for Heinz? Of course not.
You also need to understand the term "good title". Ask a solicitor to explain or perhaps you can use your search engine "passing good title"

Your supermarket example is not a valid simily as they are buying and reselling for profit.
In my case I am buying expressly on the customers behalf making me an agent, them my principle and supplier a third party, this is a well set out model within the HMRC guidelines. I would suggest you do your research before affirming your naive opinion as fact.
I don't know how you could have multiple names on one invoice but I do know that unless you can prove that disaggregation of a buisness is for a good and valid opperational reason, that the separate buisness' don't have any financial or operational dependence upon eachother and don't share staff or equipment then you are leaving yourself open to prosecution by HMRC for tax avoidance (if they have reason to suspect that is the purpose of the separation).

Now jog on and try spurting your BS at someone that you may have the aptitude to fool 👍

Last edited:
Sorry for being rude but i'll take any chance I get to shoot someone down that advocates blatent fraud while reveling in their triumph over the common man.
Each to their own but if you take pride in that, then we are just very different people (and I'll call it there)!

you can use the kids, parents, grand parents, any number you want. The smart people do this to pay little or no tax as well. For example, a child has the same personal tax allowance as a grand parent. So 2 kids plus wife (if not working) plus parents (if not working) plus grandparents. So £12.750 x 8 so over £100k legally earned without tax having to be paid. If you don't have the people then just create numerous Ltd companies instead, keep them for 3 years then fold them for £10 each. No tax, no VAT no nothing. All perfectly legal. The system has gaping holes to enable the wealthy to avoid tax so they can't close them. They work on your training as good sheeple not to be "unfair" LOL

so all 8 people are over 16 and have no other income ..... extremely unlikely in this day and age, and grandparents would have pensions too,

Reply to Self employed and finding my groove? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock