Search the forum,

Discuss Sediment Filter on main supply Block of Flats in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I'm on the committee on a community of owners for an apartment complex in Spain. It consists of 130 apartments. We have continual problems of sediment in the incoming water supply, blocking aerator in the taps, filters in shower mixers and even flexible pipes.

It's a common problem throughout our area. The incoming supply is approximately 80mm, the Spanish culture is not to worry about it and fix it when it breaks.

I'm trying to research the feasibility of installing a cleanable ot replaceable filter on the main supply so I can point out maintenance guy in this direction if possible.

I would be grateful for any suggestions and/or links to any suitable filters, or indeed if it's feasible.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Reply to Sediment Filter on main supply Block of Flats in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Dear all, I'm hoping you can help with this because our plumber is trying hard but he's struggling to solve the problem. I'll describe the system. The water enters the apartment in a washing machine cupboard. At the inlet and at the washing machine the pressure is high. The pipework then...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
B
Evening all, I am currently quoting for a refurbishment of 10 apartments which are currently offices. Each flat will need its own metered water supply to feed a direct 160 litre unvented cylinder which feeds one bathroom in each apartment. The building currently has 2 x 25mm water mains...
Replies
Views
barronbathrooms
B
My sister has recently bought a country cottage which is supplied by mains water pumped uphill from a large break tank to a second storage tank in a field. The water then comes back downhill to her property and two others by gravity. Pressure is poor and a booster pump is needed in the house to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock