Search the forum,

Discuss Securing shower plate to tiled wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Would anyone be able to suggest a way of getting this this shower faceplate properly sealed to the tiles? The rubber gasket is no longer available from Grohe and has lost its ‘stickiness’ thus failing to hold the plate to the shower wall. Of course I can try to clean the gasket up and apply silicone sealant but this is not so easy as a piece at the bottom has fragmented and broken away. I just wondered if there was anything that I could use to improvise in place of said gasket? Any ideas much appreciated.

IMG_6665.JPG

remove the gasket and apply a small bead where the gasket went

If it can’t be used, then do a bead of silicone- but leave the bottom silicone free to allow water to escape so that it doesn’t go into the wall.

Thanks very much for the help, guys. Good point about the leaving the bit at the bottom silicone free.

Good advice, same goes if you are ever using silicone to finish around the base of a toilet, leave a small gap somewhere round the back for the same reason.

Reply to Securing shower plate to tiled wall. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock