Search the forum,

Discuss secondary return for small 15L heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys , planning a job which is comming up shortly , basically need to supply hot water for 3 basins , 2 of which are far enough away that i would say need a secondary return , i have picked out a 15L unvented water heater by hyco {sf15K} , which would do the job nicely but ideally need a secondary return , spoke to them about and they said "we cant see any problems with doing it but if you do we take no responsibitlity for it", ..anyone have any thoughts on this ? , in theory it should be fine teeing into the cold feed to create the loop.... thanks ..

Be cheaper to fit 2 heaters, but can't say I've ever fitted a src to an undersink water heater

ive fitted loads of them heaters and by the time youve fitted a secondary pump and run all the extra piping / valves etc it must be cheaper to fit more boilers?

cheers for the replys , yea cant really fit another unvented heater at the other end because theres no where for the discharge to go at that end , also the taps have to be pretty good looking and i havent seen any decent taps that allow venting with the other style of under sink heater , will look into electrical trace heating , but costs aside secondary return would work on these? would also have to up the size of the expansion vessel to suit... thanks

Not ideal , but should work ok.
Make sure the hot and return are well insulated.

cheers for the replys , yea cant really fit another unvented heater at the other end because theres no where for the discharge to go at that end , also the taps have to be pretty good looking and i havent seen any decent taps that allow venting with the other style of under sink heater , will look into electrical trace heating , but costs aside secondary return would work on these? would also have to up the size of the expansion vessel to suit... thanks

so they dont have drainage for the basins ?

and you dont have to use drip drip taps

drainage is via saniflo in that section , the 2 extra basins im putting in is totally retrofit, i dont know much about whats out there inregards to taps , im only going by what i see in the hyco brochure for them ,

drainage is via saniflo in that section , the 2 extra basins im putting in is totally retrofit, i dont know much about whats out there inregards to taps , im only going by what i see in the hyco brochure for them ,

Are you G3 registered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to secondary return for small 15L heater? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock