Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary Return Advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Daniel 12233444

I'm running a secondary return hot water system and I'd appreciate your advice please.

I'm working on a long house where the furthest draw off point Is around 40m away from the unvented cylinder. There are 3 bathrooms 2 kitchens a boot room and a utility. I have installed a 28mm hot supply through the property reducing down along the way. I have taken the hot water return in 15mm and brought it out near each outlet so basin nearly all the outlets have 2 hot pipes 1 flow and 1 return. I'm worried I've overcomplicated it and should have not taken 2 pipes to the outlets for the hot.

The cylinder will have a bronze pump and check valve.

I'd appreciate your thoughts. Thanks guys

Is it all done in copper? Remember you can't use plastic on a circulating return.

Personally I'd of just brought a return back from the furthest point, just ensuring each draw off is close by to the main feed.

However I don't see any issue in what you've done, as it will just circulate around.

Need balancing valves eg lockshield gate valves on each of the src tees from the hot

Is it all done in copper? Remember you can't use plastic on a circulating return.

Personally I'd of just brought a return back from the furthest point, just ensuring each draw off is close by to the main feed.

However I don't see any issue in what you've done, as it will just circulate around.
Apologies for jumping on this thread but I’m having similar issues. Is the copper pipe a must under building regulations (I’ve just purchased a new build property with plastic pipe on secondary return) if so, could you link me to the regulation.
Many thanks

If your secondary return operates on a timer it may be ok
The definite no no is for a continuously operated secondary return system - usually this is unnecessary in a domestic setting.

Reply to Secondary Return Advice in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return to reduce the wait for hot water. HW is coming from unvented cylinder with a secondary return connection. The secondary return is almost straight...
Replies
Views
We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees but still. Flow set to 60 degrees for now. 1.Obviously I want to ensure the return temperature into the boiler is below the 55 ish degrees needed for...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to live in and we're having an issue with water not staying hot when the secondary return circuit is on. From a starting point of fully heated the...
Replies
Views
J
Need advice on secondary return issue. When secondary return pump is running no hot water flows from hot taps.when pump off the taps work. Anyone come across this before?? Appreciate any reply
Replies
Views
JohnyC
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock