Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary non-return valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30 CDi Classic System ErP, Underfloor heating and DHWSystem.
I have non return valve in the secondary return before the pump (DAB 65/150-3) which constantly rattles when the pump is running. Its been tried in both the horizontal and vertical modes with no effect. The only way I can silence it is by throttling the isolation valve on the cylinder side of the pump to around 1/3 open but this just seems to defeat the object by having to wait ages to recieve hot water at the furthest bathroom in the line.
I have advised that installing a pump with a built in non-return valve could help but I have been unable to sourse one. Can you recommend any solutions?

Why is there a NRV fitted?
Is the NRV a spring loaded type or a swing check type, if a swing check then you could probably install the spring loaded type but on the circ pump discharge side.

Attachments

• Poppet Type NRV.jpg
    Poppet Type NRV.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 4
  • Swing Check Valve Sectioned.jpg
    Swing Check Valve Sectioned.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
Hot water secondary return

sounds like there’s too much flow going through the valve have you tried turning the pump down as it only wants a trickle through

It seems to be a DAB 65..... which I think is 65dM or 6.5M, if so, this would circulate enough water for a small town, a DAB10 or less should be more than adequate, I think these pumps are single speed.

Reply to Secondary non-return valve in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have had an ongoing issue with low hot water temperatures in a school. During the recent repair of a leak, the plumbers isolated the hot water to fit a new bit of pipework and found that water wouldn't stop running until the cold boosted water was also isolated. Given this, it would seem...
Replies
Views
Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return to reduce the wait for hot water. HW is coming from unvented cylinder with a secondary return connection. The secondary return is almost straight...
Replies
Views
B
I'm a plumbing novice so first of all I apologise if I'm not explaining this situation correctly. I've recently renovated a house for my family to live in and we're having an issue with water not staying hot when the secondary return circuit is on. From a starting point of fully heated the...
Replies
Views
D
I'm running a secondary return hot water system and I'd appreciate your advice please. I'm working on a long house where the furthest draw off point Is around 40m away from the unvented cylinder. There are 3 bathrooms 2 kitchens a boot room and a utility. I have installed a 28mm hot supply...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the double-check/non-return valve on the pipe that goes out to the back garden tap under the sink. I got the correct replacement part, but I am not sure actually how to remove the original non-return valve on the pipe. When I loosen the two nuts, it can slide a bit back and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock