Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary hot water T in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Lads.

I'm working on a large house and we need to tap into the secondary hot water pipe to extend it to the new part of the house. Silly question but I have never had to T in more than once and was checking this would be okay to do.

I would go back to where the secondary pump is and tee it in there with some lockshield gate valves on both so you can balance the system

remember it needs to be copper or mlcp and insulated

I would go back to where the secondary pump is and tee it in there with some lockshield gate valves on both so you can balance the system

remember it needs to be copper or mlcp and insulated

Not going to be able to get to the plant room, I was thinking of putting a gate valve on each Return if possible to balance it.
Yes aware of it needing to be mlcp or copper.

Thanks

keep them accessible and you should be fine also make a not down by the pump where the valves are

Reply to Secondary hot water T in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Silly question (and might already been asked 100rds of time) - I am specifying a circulation pump for the hot water secondary (circulation) return to reduce the wait for hot water. HW is coming from unvented cylinder with a secondary return connection. The secondary return is almost straight...
Replies
Views
C
Hi everyone, My flat is located next to a communal boiler with a hot water circulator pump ( Grundfos UPS 15-50N Secondary Hot Water Circulator ). The pump is noisy and vibrating. Would installing a more powerful pump solve the problem? Many thanks for your help!
Replies
Views
ChristineLondon
C
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied from cold water tanks in the loft. It is a vented system. However, in a basement flat and a ground floor flat cold water supply to bathrooms is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock