Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary hot water T in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Lads.

I'm working on a large house and we need to tap into the secondary hot water pipe to extend it to the new part of the house. Silly question but I have never had to T in more than once and was checking this would be okay to do.

I would go back to where the secondary pump is and tee it in there with some lockshield gate valves on both so you can balance the system

remember it needs to be copper or mlcp and insulated

I would go back to where the secondary pump is and tee it in there with some lockshield gate valves on both so you can balance the system

remember it needs to be copper or mlcp and insulated

Not going to be able to get to the plant room, I was thinking of putting a gate valve on each Return if possible to balance it.
Yes aware of it needing to be mlcp or copper.

Thanks

keep them accessible and you should be fine also make a not down by the pump where the valves are

you could fit a thermal balancing valve to the easiest route the water will take

Reply to Secondary hot water T in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock