Search the forum,

Discuss Second pump in macerator run? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I've moved into a house that has a badly installed macerator toilet. After coming out of the Saniflo, the pump runs vertically upwards for a metre or so, then horizontally for 6 or 7 metres - all fine so far - but then under the kitchen sink it goes vertically upwards again for approximately 50cm before connecting with the drain. As I understand it, pumping upwards a second time like this is a really bad idea.

My question is this: is it possible to install a second pump under the sink at the point where it needs to pump upwards for a second time? Or is that just a terrible idea? (It's not practical to simply increase the height of the first vertical run due to the layout of the house).

I should also say - I have absolutely zero plumbing experience, so happy to be shot down (but would be very grateful if this could be done in simple non-technical language!)

Thank you very much for any help!

Welcome to the forums George, shouldn`t really pump in to a pump, as you say it is not correct and it will shorten the life span of the pump, guess the best you can do is to remove any sharp 90 degree elbows and rework the last stage of pipe using 45`s so it is stepping up gradually.

Welcome to the forums George, shouldn`t really pump in to a pump, as you say it is not correct and it will shorten the life span of the pump, guess the best you can do is to remove any sharp 90 degree elbows and rework the last stage of pipe using 45`s so it is stepping up gradually.

Great, sounds very sensible. Thanks very much for responding... really appreciate it.

I assume you realise it wont be a nice job to change the bend and I suggest not using compression fittings!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Second pump in macerator run? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock