Search the forum,

Discuss Second Fix Price work in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Second Fix Price Work

I've been given the opportunity of second fix price work from an old employer

3 and 4 bed houses with heat pump cylinder, rads, main bathroom, ensuite, manifold and kitchen sink,

Question is how long would that physically take some to do never done price before was think of giving it 2 weeks to test it out, but with towel rails, shower doors bath screens and heat recovery grills I think these would be time consuming.

Ideally would be looking at getting 1 1/2 done a week

How longs a piece of string? Too many variables. Quality of materials, standard of first fix, the question why is somebody different doing second fix, access, material availability etc etc etc.

How longs a piece of string? Too many variables. Quality of materials, standard of first fix, the question why is somebody different doing second fix, access, material availability etc etc etc.
It's a site of 120 houses, I know where your coming from with the variables, and with site work you may well have both quality of first fix and quality of materials issues,

What way should I approach it as I was thinking of doing an initial 2 weeks to guage the work and also how long it's going to take, and then negotiate rates from that?

It's a site of 120 houses, I know where your coming from with the variables, and with site work you may well have both quality of first fix and quality of materials issues,

What way should I approach it as I was thinking of doing an initial 2 weeks to guage the work and also how long it's going to take, and then negotiate rates from that?

That's if he will let you do it that way. I'm not up on price work, it's something I haven't done or would look to do. Not young enough to do it 🤣.

But if he knows you then theres maybe a little bit of wiggle room to get something sorted.

Depends why your only doing the second fix (also depends if it’s been done right )

As a long time new build contractor you can bet for certain the firm offering you this work will have a really good idea what they're going to pay.
My guys tend to work in pairs we are still fitting logic combis so a bit different so rads. boiler, bathroom ,en suite cloaks kitchen .utility soil & wastes (we core holes ourselves) around 3 days depending on house type .
Test out after painters but all pipework tested at first fix .

Imo better to go a little high. If you don't get it another opportunity will be along. Winning a fair size contract that you bid too low for and you can't get out of is the worst (you only do it once 😉) edit - if you do what you propose you'll be either laughed at or taken advantage of.

Got to be a day rate for the first few till you find your way and all the pit falls and believe me there will be some, if he's desperate enough he will go with it not sure I would want to be tied down for weeks on end, but hey ho your choice bud could be a good earner but you will be working your arse off I bet . Kop

It's a site of 120 houses,
How many people do you have working for you? At your work rate (1.5 per week) it's going to take ca two person-years to complete the work. As a rule of thumb, you should not have more than, say, 10% of your work coming from a single customer, which makes this is a job for a fairly big outfit.

Everybody worries about keeping the order book full, but overtrading is also a pretty effective way of going bust.

Reply to Second Fix Price work in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi what is a rough guide cost for labour only in a typical 4 bed house new build in england Air source heat pump with Unvented cylinder Underfloor heating ground floor amd Underfloor heating 1st floor 1 Bathroom 2 ensuites Just a rough guide price thanks
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I've been running an UFH installation/ repair business for 7 years now and one of my main frustrations is finding the parts for the UFH. I've got quite good at it over the years being able to recognise the manifold brand and generation by just looking at it but then I have to go through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi all, I've been getting some plumbing quotes for an en suite project for my home (based in the east of England), and wanted to find out opinions of whether anyone thinks they're decent quotes of not? I've already ripped out the existing vanity/loo/shower tray/screen/tiles. I've also lifted...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock