Search the forum,

Discuss SEALING A SHOWER WASTE IN A STONE RESIN TRAY in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been recommended CT1 as a sealant for a shower waste.
Is it recommended to apply sealant to both sides of the Neoprene rubber seal that is on the top surface of the tray and to both sides of the Neoprene rubber seal that is on the underside of the tray?

I have been recommended CT1 as a sealant for a shower waste.
Is it recommended to apply sealant to both sides of the Neoprene rubber seal that is on the top surface of the tray and to both sides of the Neoprene rubber seal that is on the underside of the tray?
Never used the stuff before. But I have a tube waiting to be used. I use mapesil

Thanks for the response, Harvest Fields.
Do you apply the sealant to all the four surfaces that I listed?

I usually throw the top washer out the window and just use sanitary silicone underneath. And just use silicone on top of the washer for underneath the tray. Never used ct1 either but know people who swear by it. People will have their different methods, if it doesn't leak it's the right way!

Thin bead between rubber and trap. Thin bead between rubber and tray and thin bead around top of tray and trap connector. DO NOT USE CHEAP SILICONE.

As above. I never use the top washer and have used Dow Corning silicone for years with no problems

I usually throw the top washer out the window and just use sanitary silicone underneath. And just use silicone on top of the washer for underneath the tray. Never used ct1 either but know people who swear by it. People will have their different methods, if it doesn't leak it's the right way!
The rubber is included for a reason. In my opinion.

Me personally if it's got a rubber washer no sealant on that part aslong as the face is smooth and flat

Always mastic the top ring / the bit showing

Waz the top washer just use good quality silicone.
Thin smear of silicone both sides of the thick black washer underneath.

Why seal the top ring? Where's it gonna leak from there? You only need to seal the trap to the underside of the tray with whatever you intend using, silicone, ct1 or whatever. Don't overdo the sealant and don't overtighten it, and it'll be fine;)

Why seal the top ring? Where's it gonna leak from there? You only need to seal the trap to the underside of the tray with whatever you intend using, silicone, ct1 or whatever. Don't overdo the sealant and don't overtighten it, and it'll be fine;)

Some attach with self tapping screws so can get around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to SEALING A SHOWER WASTE IN A STONE RESIN TRAY in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock