Search the forum,

Discuss sealed conversion to combi help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kell63

lighter-1.jpgHi just a quick question for someone with knowledge of unvented system. I have a 100miles round trip to remove this setup and replace with a worcester combi now my question is will the flow and return pipes be 2 of the 3 on the left of the picture.Or will the final tee be under floor some where (chipboard floors )
Thanks in advance and i am sure i was a member before but got a new comp ?

from the picture it looks like the return from the radiators will coming in after the bypass and return from the hot water!
where will the new boiler be?

Why would anyone want to swap the great performance of an unvented cylinder for a combi?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

from the picture it looks like the return from the radiators will coming in after the bypass and return from the hot water!
where will the new boiler be?

The unit is going in the same cupboard,
The customer wants the same as i have installed for her brother and there is no diswadeing her i am afraid. I even tried to say i was too busy but she would have waited till the end of never.

My god, some people are just morons. Show her this thread.

Maybe all those pipes just look untidy to a Lady

( Spoilt by WiFis no cables tidyness)

( and an exciting , piece of tech -- to a Male engineering type )

Efficiency tax is the Gas Bill !

Vulcan mind melds on customers is not my speciality
The times I have gone in a property to find a system with no room stat and then try to convince them that would be the one biggest fuel saver ..
No amount of talk or explaining the benefits will dissuade her she HAS been ripped off for so long now I have had to give in.The pump is failing the two port valve is gone she has rads that do not work ?
The last so called plumber down there told here to turn thermostat up full and control heating via trv's
So I will have to go down and see which pipes to connect with little help ?
Thanks Simon

Last edited by a moderator:
If the pump is on the flow then it probably is a direct pipe from the boiler so cap that off below the bottom joint. The bottom pipe with the motorised valve will then be the flow that you use for the heating system.
The other pipe with the gate valve on it can then be used where it goes under the floor as the return pipe.
Make sure you cap off both pipes at the existing boiler when you strip that out.

If the pump is on the flow then it probably is a direct pipe from the boiler so cap that off below the bottom joint. The bottom pipe with the motorised valve will then be the flow that you use for the heating system.
The other pipe with the gate valve on it can then be used where it goes under the floor as the return pipe.
Make sure you cap off both pipes at the existing boiler when you strip that out.

thanks very much i am still taking all the parts required to repair system just incase i can talk her round but it is not very likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sealed conversion to combi help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock