Search the forum,

Discuss Screw fit 15mm end cap required? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

IMG_20210824_201843_389~3.jpg

I've recently removed my dishwasher and I want to remove the dishwasher water supply pipe highlighted in the picture in yellow. Is it possible to get a screw fit end cap (should be 15mm) for the point highlighted in red? Or will I need to replace the whole connector highlighted in blue with a straight connector?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Edited the post.
No you can’t get a threaded fitting for that. Options are:
  • Fit a push fit stop end with an insert as close to the tee as possible (water regulations is no more than twice the pipe diameter)
  • fit a compression stop end with an insert (same water reg applies)
  • remove tee and fit a coupling, however please note the pipe may be slightly shorter in length to achieve this.

No you can’t get a threaded fitting for that. Options are:
  • Fit a push fit stop end with an insert as close to the tee as possible (water regulations is no more than twice the pipe diameter)
  • fit a compression stop end with an insert (same water reg applies)
  • remove tee and fit a coupling, however please note the pipe may be slightly shorter in length to achieve this.
Great! Thank you. Seems like cutting the pipe and putting a stopend on is the easiest option.

Blanking peg?
Available in 15 or 22

Blanking peg?
Available in 15 or 22
Would this be OK for use long term? If so it could be an easier option as I wouldn't have to cut the pipe.

Can't see why not. Seems the perfect solution, really. Only thing I'd say is it's different manufacturer from the fitting so at your own risk. Diameter should be the same, though, so ought to work.

Would this be OK for use long term? If so it could be an easier option as I wouldn't have to cut the pipe.
Pushing the peg in is as sound as pushing a piece of 15mm pipe in. Hi as ric says usually it's best to use the same manufacturer on fitting and pipe but as a DIY job on your own home I'd go for it - afaik hep are the only manufacturers of a blanking peg.

My mistake then. It IS the same manufacturer (sorry - thought plug was Speedfit for some reason!)

Reply to Screw fit 15mm end cap required? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock