Search the forum,

Discuss Scale reducers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi team just a quick question I'm going to be fitting some intergas combi boilers and want to fit a scale reducer on the the cold as the job is on the south coast.it's either that or I de scale it when it needs it,ie fitting a tee and valves so I can do the boiler circuit.
I'm not convinced that the inline strainer type do that much bit with the dual heat exchanger it be interesting what other intergas fitters use on the cold side for protection
Thanks team

I used a magnet filter years ago on my boilers when I lived up south, never scaled up or got furring in the kettle with them.

Intergas recommend combimate but they're quite pricy.

I use the electrolytic inline ones. They don't reduce water hardness so you can't really tell if they're effective.

I won't use the magnetic one's as I've had to descale someone else's install which had one on. Intergas don't recommend them either. Said they would honour the warranty with the electrolytic tho.

Scale should be less of a problem if you range rate the heating side down to match the heat loss and/or use weather/room compensation.

I used a magnet filter years ago on my boilers when I lived up south, never scaled up or got furring in the kettle with them.
Interesting to hear that the magnetic ones worked for you. I'd put any on that maintained the warranty.

My info came from technical who said different things seem to work in different areas and were unwilling to commit other than recommending the combimate. They were convinced the magnetic ones were no good.

Seems like snake oil some of it. Especially as manufacturers can't say how long they last before needing replacing and there's no way of verifying other than if your taps kettles etc get scaled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Scale reducers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock