Search the forum,

Discuss Saying hi! And asking my first question! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Rob Foster told me about this forum, so here I am! I’m a capable all rounder with regards DIY. Worked on L60 engines for my sins so will have a go at most things. Signed up today, so Hi and thanks for having me!

I’ve got a quick question that might sound barmy but here goes... I’ve got a WB 35cdi Classic plus polypipe UFH wet system. Both are connected separately via two Nest Therms.

Here’s the question: should the UFH be able to fire up the boiler independently? Currently only works if I set the boiler to heat the rest of the house?

Cheers for any help you can give, Mark

You should indeed be able to set each heating circuit nest thermostat individually Shaun Corbs is you man for wiring issues welcome to the Forum . Kop

hello and welcome

sounds like its not separated with port valves (s plan the system)

yes please boiler and below if theres pipework there also ufh manifold pics

Here’s the photos on my system. The Nest Heatlinks go into a junction box, which is pretty busy. The bottom heat link works just dandy and fires the boiler. The top one operates as it should but doesn’t call for fire; I think the wiring isn’t right I think? Would it help if I took the heat link cover off and photo them too? Thanks again

F5142577-14C6-4085-8FAA-6C3331B5C9D5.jpeg

F9826CD1-CFCD-42BD-9F9A-FDF891C63504.jpeg

31CEC888-4A36-4041-B5B7-221D0CEAFA85.jpeg

At a guess it is a wiring issue, if one of those zone valves goes to the under floor heating ? you have everything you need there to work each circuit separately. Shaun should be able to help you out with a diagram . Regards kop

Wired wrong or bad port valve out of the box

upload_2019-5-27_11-20-8.png

Ignore the hw marking on the second port valve

That’s just for your heating side

Now?

7A3767D0-0D17-4768-BA14-FE8307DDAD62.png

Thanks for that Shaun...I’ve attached photos of the nest heatlinks just in case something totally crazy to view. The junction box is like spaghetti junction so pointless. I’ll put that diagram in front of the plumber as soon as he rings me, let me sort it out. Thanks again for your support! Very grateful

A9A6AA95-8349-42DE-8486-5859571DA73C.jpeg

682F677B-F1B0-4C05-AEF0-F16FB3C7530C.jpeg

Any chance you could take a pic inside the j box be careful as it’s live electrics

theres your fault grey wire bottom left not installed

so defo a wiring issue who ever wired need to come back

Spark can’t get over til the 11th June grrr, holidays! ! That grey wire is coming from the Polypipe UFH value? Could you tell me where it should go please?

Rob Foster told me about this forum, so here I am! I’m a capable all rounder with regards DIY. Worked on L60 engines for my sins so will have a go at most things. Signed up today, so Hi and thanks for having me!

I’ve got a quick question that might sound barmy but here goes... I’ve got a WB 35cdi Classic plus polypipe UFH wet system. Both are connected separately via two Nest Therms.

Here’s the question: should the UFH be able to fire up the boiler independently? Currently only works if I set the boiler to heat the rest of the house?

Cheers for any help you can give, Mark
Hey Mark you never told me you worked on Chieftan Tank engines L60 you wait till we next meet fascinated Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Reply to Saying hi! And asking my first question! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock