Search the forum,

Discuss Saunier Duval F30E SB Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Tym

Hi all,

New to the site and need a bit of info. My mother has the above boiler in her house & the pressure has dropped below 1 bar. There is no filling loop on boiler to refill.

The boiler only runs heating as water is heated by tank in cupboard upstairs.

How do I refill boiler?

Tym

Look around the loops are not always below the boiler and some have internal filling loops
others might know centralheatking

I have had a look around the boiler. The manual says it doesn't have one but also doesn't explain how you fill it. It just says use an external filling device.
All that's under the boiler are 4 pipes (the flow & return for heating, Gas pipe & pipe that goes out through wall for bleeding) & a black valve with manual says is a drain valve.

ok trace the two big pipes, heating flow and return around the place eventually you should
find a silver braided connection from the big pipe to the cold supply. Go all detective with a torch ! that black valve might be a drain but could also be a filling point . off out now
maybe others can assist I will look later. centralheatking

Also check loft space, sometimes come across systems that were previously open vented an have been converted to sealed (pressurised) an have put a filling loop up there. If still unsuccessful try post some photos of underneath of boiler an airing cupboard set up. Good luck

I have found the filling loop. Yes its in the airing cupboard upstairs well away from the boiler.
Have got pressure to where it needs to be but boiler will not light. It starts up ok runs for a few minutes but then the light starts flashing red & comes up with F2 error on display.

Looked up on the MI’s f2 relates to an air pressure fault. Sounds like it’s time to get Gas Safe Registered engineer in as would require case removal for further testing mate.

Looked up on the MI’s f2 relates to an air pressure fault. Sounds like it’s time to get Gas Safe Registered engineer in as would require case removal for further testing mate.
Look on the bright side...a call out merchant would have charged you to find the elusive filling loop...so now bite the bullet and get a GSR expert in ...centralheatking

Reply to Saunier Duval F30E SB Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock