Search the forum,

Discuss Saunier Duval f30e cuts off after 32 seconds. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi peeps. I have this boiler that went off last week, completely dead. I fault found on the control pcb and found a power Reg blown, a smoothing cap dried up and a fuse blown. Replaced all three and now the boiler fires up, gives hot water for exactly 32 seconds then shuts down with red light flashing but no error code. You can reset it and fire it up again but same thing happens. I then bought a refurbed control pcb but that didn't cure it. The fan is spinning but other that that I don't know what to go for next. Strange that it should have a pcb fault and then this secondary fault. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks, Dave

No Simon.
To elaborate, I have been turned down by three gas safe registered engineers due to the age of the boiler. I am a skilled technician with over 40 years in the TV trade. While this doesn't make me a skilled gas engineer I have gained a lot of experience in those years of fixing other things outside my trained skillset as probably have many on this forum. I am keen to keep electronic waste and any other kind to a minimum and was merely asking the question in the hope that there was merely something I had overlooked in the process of fitting the pcb. I would never mess around with the gas side of equipment. I understand concerns about taking money out of qualified engineers pockets but due to a lack of interest from the engineers approached have come here as a last resort.

Thanks, Dave

As the pcb controls everything inside the boiler and can lead to a dangerous ending thread closed please don’t mess about with stuff your not qualified in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saunier Duval f30e cuts off after 32 seconds. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock