Search the forum,

Discuss Saunier ducal f30e faulty gas pump? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello. As stated above my saunier duval themaclassic f30e isn’t firing up and is giving an F1 fault code.
I’ve taken the front off and opened up the housing where the elements and the spark are and given it all a clean to get rid of any corrosion. It has no problem sparking and there are no blockages on the gas pipes. The fan is running fine at the top and the system is pressured up to 1.1bar so should be all fine there. To me it seems like there just isn’t any gas coming through. I’ve checked the gas hob we have and that is fine. So no problem with the supply to the house. This problem has persisted for the last 3 days and each day I have managed to get it to kick in by pure luck and a couple of sharp taps to the gas valve but today that isn’t seeming to work.

I feel that the problem must be within the gas valve. Is there any other parts that I haven’t checked that could be a part of the problem??

a replacement pump online ranges from £30 for a used one to £110 for a new one.
Times are tough right now. Me and my mrs are both full time musicians but I have been an electrician for the 6 years previous to us going full time on the circuit but with Covid funds are tight. I’ve looked into getting government help for a new boiler but that’s a no go right now. I know generally the advice is get a qualified professional to sort everything out but i don’t want to expose myself to a hefty bill if I can pinpoint the problem and source the parts myself at much less of a cost and then just ring up a professional to come fit it?

any help would be very much appreciated.

boiler was made in 2004

Last edited:
To be honest you've got two Hope's. Bob and none.

It's a gas appliance, for the sake of your family stop tinkering and get a professional.

What is a ‘gas pump’?

I would think you woul be better off biting the bullet.
Get a pro in, it may not be as bad as you think.

What is a ‘gas pump’?

I would think you woul be better off biting the bullet.
Get a pro in, it may not be as bad as you think.
Gas valve sorry.

This is the part I think the problem is in. I understand the dangers of messing with gas which is why I wouldn’t want to replace it myself but the cleaning and tracing the electrical elements back I feel rather competent in.

Gas valve sorry.

This is the part I think the problem is in. I understand the dangers of messing with gas which is why I wouldn’t want to replace it myself but the cleaning and tracing the electrical elements back I feel rather competent in.
My advice is to arrange a visit from A gas safe engineer with the correct qualifications.
All these component parts can be tested by someone who is competent in the field and has the right equipment. It really is not worth buying things on a guess.

You may discover you have paid for something you do not need.

Please get someone out to diagnose and fix it for your own sake, both financially and safety wise.

Reply to Saunier ducal f30e faulty gas pump? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock