Search the forum,

Discuss Santon unvented cylinder. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
hi G3 qualified but unsure how to join the private forum. Just didn’t want to post in the public forum.
santon 210 indirect with low pressure at the outlets and a banging noise.
Changed the combination valve which sorted the pressure drop issue but the noise persists.
Static pressure is 4.5 bar on outside tap. All other feeds are balanced after the combination valve. Cylinder in 3rd floor. The pressure at the on the expansion vessel was 3.3 bar. Dropped to 3 bar. Rumbling, banging Noise still there. Dropped to 2.5 bar, noise stopped on all taps bar the bath tap which would produce a short thud when turned on.
Left it for the day but she txt tonight to say the noise was back at all taps and slightly louder.
I’m at a loss. Has any1 had an experience like this Or advise? I will ring technical in the morning.
The cylinder outta casing lid as come away from the cylinder. Unsure if this is linked.

Thank you.

What’s the pipe work like clipped etc ?

Might be worth removing it and pumping it upto 4-5 bar just to check if the rubber isn’t stuck on the outside wall due to it over expanding due to low pre charge

No fine insulation expanding

Yes. I'm g3 - have been for a few years. When I tried to get in to the private forum my messages to admin (Not sean) were unanswered.

Reply to Santon unvented cylinder. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock