Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflow system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Janette Meechan

Hi there, I was wondering if someone could advise me on a problem with a saniflow toilet? The tenant has told me that there is a backflow to the shower when the toilet is flushed along with a very loud noise. She said the same thing happens at the shower when she runs the tap on the sink. I have read a few threads and they seem to be talking about the non-return? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Janette :)

Pop in a little later on, Janette. RPM, our resident macerator expert should be along soon.

Back flush of water to shower could be one of three things, two are internal and the third is the non-return valve but as you don`t mention the pump running on & off in short bursts I`m going to discount that and the loud noise could be one of two if we leave out water hammer but again internal.

If it is more than 3yrs old then I really think it`s best to have somebody take a look, my main concern is that there could be a wipe inside which will damage the motor bearings if you do nothing. If you are certain that it is a Saniflo I can give you the number of a local registered engineer but advise you to be there as well then he can show you what is what and that way you can`t be fobbed off with waffle.

PS Don`t mistake non-return valve with the inlet control valve.

Last edited:
I swear you sit there waiting for these type threads.

D'you smell them or summat?

Nope! I had just sat down with a coffee and was working my way up the forum posts from where I left off last night. Smell em? mate I lost my sense of smell a long time ago working on these little beggers. lol

Hi there, thanks for the response. The system is around 2 years old. We had to get the macerator replaced. It's never been right since the plumber installed it but seems to be getting worse. He also connected with the wrong size of pipe and the thing exploded which resulted in me having to buy more piping (to which he charged me for the pipe and the time!). :(

Oh dear, if it has never been right and is 2yrs old then all I can do is again suggest you have somebody who knows Saniflo`s take a look. Give me your postcode if you are certain it is a Saniflo not a "like Saniflo" pump. Model name shown on the pump would be helpful.

I've asked a plumber to go out and lave a look at it. He has installed a few saniflo systems and seems pretty sure it is a blockage. Problem is he said that the saniflo pipe is too narrow for it to be rodded so it looks like it might be new piping all round. :(

A blockage in pipework does not make a loud noise but as you are fixated on the pipe being the problem then what new can I say?

What area are you?

Don`t waste your time Tom, you have enough experience on sani`s to know that a blocked discharge pipe doesn`t make a loud noise and the lady has someone experienced in installing them going to look at replacing the pipe.

I was going to recommend a really good counselling service to the poor woman

She might need it once he replaces the all the pipe and then say`s "You need a pump as well, that will be £1000 please" All for the sake of 2 quick tests.

Don`t think of asking mate, there are some things I keep up my sleeve, hope you understand.

She might need it once he replaces the all the pipe and then say`s "You need a pump as well, that will be £1000 please" All for the sake of 2 quick tests.

Don`t think of asking mate, there are some things I keep up my sleeve, hope you understand.
dont be coming in here asking for help when your boiler packs up

the tenant sent a video showing the toilet flushing and there didn't seem to be a noise at all. She showed the backflow coming up through the shower. I sent it to the plumber and he said it looked like a blockage. I'm hoping he is correct and we can get it fixed. :(

No noise is one issue less to worry about, as for the backflow to the shower .......... Firstly does the Sainflo start but take longer to clear the water and stop or is it not clearing the water full stop? Or do you get a little water in the shower whilst the pump is running and all the water is cleared away?

The first one could be a problem in the pipe the second is a problem within the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflow system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock