Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflow problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lewisplumber

Hello all. Just wondering if any one can help. I stripped out a masserator in the saniflow that was blocked. The pump does not work to push away the waste as i believe it has burnt out. The client would now like me to strip the room out and use it as a box room. I replaced the trap with clean water but the saniflow is full of foaming poo. With out using the hoover to suck it all out does any one have any suggestions on how to get this out the house in one go with out empting the contence on the carpet. :confused:

wet vac is the best method. Failing that then sell the house ;)
Old towels to catch any liquid poo , bin bags and a big bucket.
Good luck!

I dont want to use the wet vac as it will smell of poo in every house i go in afterwards. I was wondering if there were non return valves on the inlet so i can disconnect the basin and shower waste with out it pouring out the sides and the back of the toilet. I was wondering if i could just disconnect it and run out the house with it.

hi,should have non return valves on lower inlets.as long as they not stuck open with hair and stuff.just watch for water lying in waste pipes.lean it back and go for it!!!!

The basin waste is backed up with water but if i can disconnect from the S trap and suck the clean water out then it will only pull out the water up to the saniflow and none of the stuff inside the box Is that right?? So i could disconnect in sections and leave all the bad stuff in the box unless the non return valves are being held open with some treats from in the box!

The original thing was trying to get round using the vac so i does not stink every time after this job. Dont mind using it on the clean water side of the job.

buy another wet vac you can get them from wickes for about ÂŁ45 and then you can have 1 for cleanish jobs and one for s*** jobs !!!!LOL

Think that might be the answer. Will have to get the boss to get me a spare vac for the special jobs. Cheers to all for the help every one.

what is the saniflo doing? are the macerator blades working ok and its just not pumping the waste away? Could be a blockage on the outlet pipe, especially if the outlet is only 22mm pvc pipe:mad:

The macerator blades are working as i unblocked them. Had like a string that you would wrap round a beef joint for roasting stuck in it. Nice! I took the lid off looked round the 22 waste pipe all clear. Then stuck it all together left the waste disconnected and put the fuse back in and said a quick prayer but nothing pumped out (sigh of relief) I think the beef string burnt out the pump as it was working over time for a week until they called me out!

. Had like a string that you would wrap round a beef joint for roasting stuck in it. Nice! !

or the string that is attached to what the ladies use when the painters are in!

if i were a betting man - i would put my money on the above than a beef joint being down there!

Maybe she was like the black hole of Calcutta!!!!!LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Saniflow problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock