Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflow plus - Possibly serviced improperly - Not sealed properly to soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi from a householder amateur!

I have a saniflow plus for over 5 years. For the last 2 years it "gets blocked" about every 6 months. I then call a guy to fix it. I am aware of what should not be put in saniflow etc.

For the first time - I decided to open it up and investigate. I removed POWER source. Then I did a wet hoover and cleaned up a bit.

It appears that the toilet soil pipe does NOT go into the macerator directly - there is a 2cm gap between inner wall of saniflow and the center of unit (with the blade).

Also, see attached photos. I found these "spare parts" at the back of the saniflow on the floor - out of site. God knows how long they have been there!

QUESTION 1: Should the waste pipe from the toilet be a sealed join into the centre of the saniflow (the macerating bit!) ?
The waste pipe from the toilet IS sealed as far as the outer wall of the Saniflow but NOT into the Saniflow itself.

QUESTION 2: See attachments - I am wondering should these be inside the saniflow rather than lying on the ground behind the unit. Or are they just waste lying around untidy.

See this link for a (bad) diagram!
saniflow1

Thanks for assistance.

DSC_0034.JPG

DSC_0033.JPG

@rpm he’s a busy man but is the guru when it comes to these things

The wc spigot goes into a concertina looking rubber boot and then into the casing of the unit. There is supposed to be a "gap" between the casing and the cage containing the blades. If it's not leaking sounds all good. The spare parts go under the lid. Get the model no. And find an exploded diagram.
Defer to rpm when he gets here...

Hello dewsbury,

Please don`t think that I am `being funny` but can We take it that You included the Knife / Corkscrew / Bottle opener in the photos as a form of reference for Us to try and visualise the approximate size of the items that are suspected to be from your Saniflo unit ?

Can we take it that You don`t think that it is also a part from the Saniflo ?

Chris

Lid on cage, white rubber ring on lid and black rubber ring on front of cage.

Ok, Thanks for help, RMP and all.
Indeed the bottle opener is only there to show size!

Note that the lid,white ring and black ring were NOT in the Saniflow. They were discarded on the floor. Is that a potential problem?

QUESTION: This new photo shows 3 X's. Should the black ring be positioned there where the X's are?
If so, what holds it in position??

Thanks again,
I'm learning!

saniflow_xxx.png

Another question .. if I may.

Before touching anything I removed a fuse that that was external to the saniflow. The small electrical fuses .. about 1.5 cm long. Unfortunately, it dropped onto the ground and cannot be found. Then I bought another 5amp (?) fuse and fitted it.

However, the saniflow does not activate when I flush the toilet? Could I have somehow caused an electric problem - as there appears to be no power in unit?

Ok, Thanks for help, RMP and all.
Note that the lid,white ring and black ring were NOT in the Saniflow. They were discarded on the floor. Is that a potential problem?

QUESTION: This new photo shows 3 X's. Should the black ring be positioned there where the X's are?
If so, what holds it in position??

Thanks again,
I'm learning!

View attachment 38602
Lid should be fitted, the two rings are not so important, black ring stretches over cage where X`s are but not important if it doesn`t.

Why the bold type, I can read the norm perfectly well!
Try another 5a fuse.

Last edited:
mmmmm..
Reminder: I removed the external fuse (in bathroom cabinet) before cleaning out saniflow with hoover. Unit had power prior to removal of fuse.
Now I put fuse back in, flushed the toilet - but nothing is happening. I tried a second fuse too.

Is it possible that I blew something electric within the Saniflow?
I am not sure wht to check next??

Thanks,

Can I simply plug my saniflow (temporarily) into the electric socket outside the bathroom?? This will bypass the electrics in the bathroom cabinet where there might be an issue?

By the way, I have NOT put the lid back on the Saniflow - I presume that has no impact on the electrics?

Hello dewsbury,

I admit to not knowing much about the operation of Saniflo units but it would make sense to me that it would not operate with the lid off.

Perhaps I am wrong about that but for `Safety` reasons alone it would seem to be sensible in case someone had a hand inside the unit.

Also although I don`t know how powerful the `cutter blade` is I wonder whether it would throw out some `debris` from the unit if it did / could operate with the lid off ?

I have often read on here that Member rpm is our resident expert on Saniflo units and I am sure that he will confirm or contradict these comments if he reads them which will answer your question.

Chris

It has been known to put a sani on a plug with appropriate fuse - though this is contrary to regs and mi's . But DO NOT try and run it with the lid off ( i may be misreading but is what it sounds like you are doing) it is operated by a pressure switch which responds to depth of water in the box.

They do work with lid off my mate ended up with a partial imprint of him on the bathroom wall when it literally hit the fan

mmmmm..
Reminder: I removed the external fuse (in bathroom cabinet) before cleaning out saniflow with hoover. Unit had power prior to removal of fuse.
Now I put fuse back in, flushed the toilet - but nothing is happening. I tried a second fuse too.

Is it possible that I blew something electric within the Saniflow?
I am not sure wht to check next??

Thanks,
Can`t see how you could damage it inside based on what you`ve told me.

Can I simply plug my saniflow (temporarily) into the electric socket outside the bathroom?? This will bypass the electrics in the bathroom cabinet where there might be an issue?

No problem doing this.

By the way, I have NOT put the lid back on the Saniflow - I presume that has no impact on the electrics?

In that case be thankful it hasn`t powered up. :D

Reply to Saniflow plus - Possibly serviced improperly - Not sealed properly to soil pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock