Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo problems - pump running and water welling up in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I live in a rented house with a Saniflo system in the upstairs bathroom. Currently we have been having some problems with the upstairs toilet running all the time and reflushing itself, so we've turned off the water to it. However, the Saniflo pump is still turning on, every 9 minutes. Does anyone know how I can stop this? The toilet tank has drained itself and is sitting empty, there is water in the toilet bowl, so I don't know what the pump is pumping or why it is running. I've checked and none of the taps in that bathroom are running or dripping.
The second problem we have (because Saniflos are an endless source of problems) is that, when we are able to use that bathroom and flush the toilet, 'water' wells up in the shower base. We can't use the shower because it leaks badly through the floor into the lounge below. The landlord is not really interested because we have a second bathroom downstairs. There is no evidence of sewage leaking anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions about this? I know the obvious answer is to get the Saniflo engineer back in, but he's expensive and I feel the landlord should be fixing it.

1. Saniflo's are not an endless source of problems, if fitted correctly.

2. Landlords issue get him to sort it. Get environmental health involved if he is dragging his heals or avoiding the issue.

Where in the uk are you and out of interest how much did the sani guy charge for how long on site?

Reply to Saniflo problems - pump running and water welling up in shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
B
My toilet has been randomly doing a small flush. I've had a visit from a Saniflo engineer who has checked the unit. There is no blockage and it is flushing away correctly. He has replaced the non return valve and the solenoid valve but this has not solved the problem. There is a very slow...
Replies
Views
Barbara C
B
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock