Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo Nightmare in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

I've moved into a house which has a Saniflo shower room and nothing works. When you flush the toilet the water backs up in the shower, when you run the basin the water backs up in the shower. When you run the shower the water doesn't run away.

The Saniflo is linked by a pipe to the only other toilet in the house, so this toilet gurgles when the water is run in the shower room and the macerator turns on.

Ive had a plumber look at it and they say the Saniflo should be piped outside not to the other toilet at all.

Any advise?

I’m guessing the shower tray drain is lower than the top of the sani? If so, it’s filling the shower before the sani pump kicks in.

Yes, I’d repipe it outside.

Hello,

I've moved into a house which has a Saniflo shower room and nothing works. When you flush the toilet the water backs up in the shower, when you run the basin the water backs up in the shower. When you run the shower the water doesn't run away.

The Saniflo is linked by a pipe to the only other toilet in the house, so this toilet gurgles when the water is run in the shower room and the macerator turns on.

Ive had a plumber look at it and they say the Saniflo should be piped outside not to the other toilet at all.

Any advise?
Depends on a few things, is it a real Saniflo or another make and did it work when you first moved in? There should be a one way valve to stop water from the toilet back flowing to the shower either inside the tank or between tank and shower and linking to the pipe on the other toilet is ok depending on how it has been done.

Reply to Saniflo Nightmare in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys question about saniflos 💩 I'm working at a property that the entire place was fed off a sani, that's packed up, blocked the line entirely and they've urgently had to get me to replace and make some changes, initially I was going to install a sanivite for the kitchen sink separately...
Replies
Views
My living room smells like a sewer but I can't tell where it is coming from. Not sure where to start looking. The saniflo discharge pipe runs above but there is no sign of leakage on the ceiling. The main drain run from the manhole at the back runs under the kitchen, which has a solid floor...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a month ago. The last couple of times it was used, it made a loud noise and acted like it didn't want to flush. I guessed that it might be time to...
Replies
Views
T
Hi there. I have a saniflo pump in my basement. When the toilet is flushed it pumps for a few seconds then stops. If I unplug it and plug it back in it will start again. I tried on a couple different outlets and it was the same. I took the motor out and did not find any debris in the...
Replies
Views
Travis
T
Hi, So i have lived in my house for 20+ years, (1990 build) its a detached property, corner plot with various manholes in the garden. In the last year I've noticed i can hear when my neighbor flush their toilet through my downstairs toilet - this is a relatively new thing, so am assuming its...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock