Search the forum,

Discuss Saniflo and cat litter?. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
We've just had a new Saniflo macerator installed and would like to flush cat poo and a small amount of soft litter down it.
Is this going to cause a problem ?.
Would the unit manage silica cat litter chips as well or will they be too hard/abrasive even though very small?.
Don't want to destroy a brand new unit that's running fine so far on the err...normal stuff...😊

Took me 5 seconds to search for this. Bag it and bin it or get ready for a big bill

Last edited:
At best clay sludge will build up in the bottom of the box and stop the pressure switch working.
Unless you can completely seperate the litter from the other matter, Its a no as above.

Ah thank you,
I just wasn't sure if we could get away with a small amount of litter going in.
Answer is not to risk it and bag then.
Thanks for clarifying.

Reply to Saniflo and cat litter?. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock