Search the forum,

Discuss Sanicompact not flushing properly or filling bowl with water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've got a sanicompact downstairs which has been working fine for 6 years. In the last day or so I've noticed that the toilet isn't flushing properly and subsequently not filling the bowl back up with enough water. The water that does come in comes in very slowly and it makes a sort of hissing noise. Any ideas please?

Hi, I've got a sanicompact downstairs which has been working fine for 6 years. In the last day or so I've noticed that the toilet isn't flushing properly and subsequently not filling the bowl back up with enough water. The water that does come in comes in very slowly and it makes a sort of hissing noise. Any ideas please?
Update, I found instructions and I think the problem is a clogged solenoid valve filter. Does anyone know how to access and clean it? Is it something a non plumber could tackle?

just fit a new filler, its not worth the hassle. yes you can do it its not rocket sience.

Seem to remember the filter is part of the valve not a seperate item. Are the holes around the rim clear?

I haven't attempted to get into it yet, haven't worked that bit out yet!!
Disconnect power at wall and remove cables, disconnect water, drain bowl, remove pan to floor screws and flip pan upside down. Check filter. Remove pump/motor box, remove end cover if you have too.

Disconnect power at wall and remove cables, disconnect water, drain bowl, remove pan to floor screws and flip pan upside down. Check filter. Remove pump/motor box, remove end cover if you have too.
Opps slight change, you dont remove end cover, you split the central covers to get to the valve.

Reply to Sanicompact not flushing properly or filling bowl with water in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock