Search the forum,

Discuss Sani Split not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HeatherN93

Hello, I have a Sani split in my house and it is not working as it should. When I flush the toilet, the sani split makes a loud humming noise as if the motor is running but the blades are not turning. The bowl empties very slowly and after 10 minutes or so it gives up and leaves the bowl half full. The strangest thing is that after about half an hour, it kicks back in, working perfectly and clears the bowl, bit then if you flush the toilet again it goes back to the strange humming sound mentioned earlier. My main problem is here I do not know who to call as it may be a loose connection somewhere and I don't know whether a plumber will fix issues to do with wiring and I will waste money on a call out when I need an electrician. The other problem is that either the previous owners of my house or my landlord have grouted the sani split into the floor tiles, so I cannot split it apart myself even if I wanted to.
Thank you in advance for any help

Our resident saniflow expert will be along shortly.

I had one similar but was jammed solid. Turned out to be the spring from a net curtain pole wedged inside. The customer had been poking it down the toilet. Ended up with a new unit as it burned out the motor. Also convinced me that I would not be fixing anymore :)

Few problems here ........... It`s recessed in to the floor tiles, most likey time for a new motor and it is not made by Saniflo but I do have a telephone number back at home for your landlord if you want it.

Sani Split, made by Tecma, 01582 568700

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sani Split not working properly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock