Search the forum,

Discuss Salus wireless thermostat may or may not be working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Emile

Iv had my combi boiler (Vaillant ecoTec pro 24)& Salus RT500RF wireless thermostat installed for 3/4 years. My boiler turns on & off by its self in the night when it should be off & turns on & off for 10-15 mins at a time when it should be on not giving my centrel heating system enough time to heat up. I would appreciate any help.

Frost protection?
Where is the boiler? Does it happen at the same time every night?

Last edited:
hello Scott D,
the boiler is located upstairs in a small cupboard against an external wall & the thermostat is downstairs & a few rooms over. It happens at random times of night, I think it's been doing it since the summer. Is the anti frost a boiler or thermostat setting? Also could it be wifi frequencies clashing?

I'm sure there is a salus specifically compatible with vaillant boilers, we had one doing the same until i read up about it ;)

That's correct ID they do one that plugs directly in the the facia of the new ecotec, cleared by vaillant for the ipx rating as for being compatible the jury's out lol

from what iv read Salus ain't very good, do you think it's the thermostat or the boiler? & when you read up on it what was the fix?

The first protection will turn the boiler on if the boiler or thermostat get too cold, as said above it's around 5 degrees. It's unlikely to be that if it happened in the summer.

sounds like an issue with the salus controls

Check the off temperature is low enough as these thermostats will turn on the heating if the temperature drops below that figure... I have a similar thing on honeywell were the customers is not informed how they work correctly.

It is set at 10 & it's no where near 10 when it turns on, it only turns on for 15mins at a time.

Get someone to alter the dip switches on the stat and the reciever, have had this a few times and after they wee changed everything was fine

As above. It's the Salus programmer that is the problem. Remove one or two of the jumpers and ''depress'' corresponding switches on the other unit. That will sort the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus wireless thermostat may or may not be working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi I have changed my Honeywell T6360 thermostat to a Salus T105RF wireless thermostat. There was three wires going to the original honeywell thermostat. One of these being the supply and another going to the boiler. I wasn't sure what the other wire was and so didn't connect up. Now the Salus...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I have a ideal logic 30 boiler ,the thermostat receiver looks to have died ( no lights on wired receiver ) I believe this need# replacing but in the mean time does anyone know if I can override the thermostat if heating is required please? the handheld thermostat is working it’s the boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock