Search the forum,

Discuss Salus single Channel programmer and Potterton combi 28HEplus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanner

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Bought a single channel programmer and have also fiited the wiring centre. Now I think I must have missed a wire out or something.
Wired from the existing 3amp fused spur have live neutral earth(123)to wiring centre and in (4) have the wire from live room stat(BROWN) to number (3) swtch live to the programmer

I have disconnected(uninstalled) the internal timer from the PCB boiler before starting new programmer, and left the room thermostat switch live(BLACK) in its original place in boiler housing
Now I've set up the programmer and when demanding for central heating nothing is happend(hot water ok) and no central heating..
Does this need a digital room stat(existing stat is a dial type room stat)? or is there still an existing wire to be connected from the combi??:confused:

Bought a single channel programmer and have also fiited the wiring centre. Now I think I must have missed a wire out or something.
Wired from the existing 3amp fused spur have live neutral earth(123)to wiring centre and in (4) have the wire from live room stat(BROWN) to number (3) swtch live to the programmer

I have disconnected(uninstalled) the internal timer from the PCB boiler before starting new programmer, and left the room thermostat switch live(BLACK) in its original place in boiler housing
Now I've set up the programmer and when demanding for central heating nothing is happend(hot water ok) and no central heating..
Does this need a digital room stat(existing stat is a dial type room stat)? or is there still an existing wire to be connected from the combi??:confused:

your better off getting a programmable room stat only 2 wires to worry about

your better off getting a programmable room stat only 2 wires to worry about
Would this mean the boiler would fire up with the internal clock installed??:cool:

Yae, thats probably just what I should have thought about in the first place. The prorammer is only one wire to worry about though so I must be the winner with the shortest straw here c'mon.
JUst really hope I get it sorted the weekend??

Would this mean the boiler would fire up with the internal clock installed??:cool:

yes leave the internal clock alone set it t o constant ,take two wires into the two bottom connections on the terminal strip then run them to your programmable stat job done

yes leave the internal clock alone set it t o constant ,take two wires into the two bottom connections on the terminal strip then run them to your programmable stat job done
Hi mate on the terminal strip one end is the boiler live(BROWN)and the other end is the switch live from room stat!,actually I'll take a pic and file it here, hope this helps.
Thanks greatful

Thanks again, taken the pics with phone and going to send them tomorrow ok (aint got USB lead here)
The PDF you sent me is the exact one I have sent from Potterton Baxi.
Oh well wished I was patient well manored and as good as you. Cheers mate..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus single Channel programmer and Potterton combi 28HEplus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, We moved into our house last year and our current central heating set up is: Boiler: Vokera Mynute HE system boiler Thermostats: 2x Robus RRF10 analogue thermstats (one in hallway and one in master bedroom) Programmer: Anaglogue Flash Immermat Timer Clock. When we came into the house...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
I would like to ask for specific product recommendations (or examples of such) that: a) Fit a standard back plate b) Would work with an existing wired room stat (single heating zone) c) Would provide 7 day, 2 Channel programming (CH and DHW) d) Is not tied into any proprietary home automation...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi guys, I have a fault on a clients heating system whereby the heating will stay on regardless of what the programmer is doing on its timed function, it'll switch off at the programmer (no light) but boiler will stay on until they turn the stat down, I went and looked at it, they said they...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock