Search the forum,

Discuss Salus RT510TX Trouble re pairing with boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

I need some advice please. I had an Ideal Instinct boiler fitted 12 months ago with a salus RT510TX control.
I wanted to change the timings on the salus so I've asked three plumbers/ heating engineers for help whilst renovating my house recently. Two guys said it was probably easy but weren't familiar and wouldn't touch it and the third guy pressed all the buttons which has thrown it completely and it now won't turn on automatically at all !!!

I've attempted to re pair it with the help of YouTube and also reset it using another video but its still not coming on? There is a red light flashing on and off on the boiler at times. I'm exasperated to be honest as the plumbers who originally fitted don't want to come out as its too far. It is also showing as Monday when in fact its Thursday and I'm not sure how to change that?

Any help much appreciated. I'm wondering if its in the boiler where the problem lies?

Thanks

I would guess that the binding between the thermostat / timer and RF receiver has been lost or corrupted. Try clearing the binding and rebind / pairing the units again.

If that fails, it is probably cheaper to buy a new thermostat / timer and receiver than trying to repair it.

I’ve got the same probs with my salus stat and connection to receiver fitted on the boiler. Batteries in stat died and I didn’t realise, so changed them out, now I’m having problems with it re-pairing with the boiler receiver. It’s flashing all the while. Tried all the tips….taking batteries out and leaving for few hours, turning power off to boiler then going thru re-pairing process but it’s just not re connecting with each other. Got Duracell batteries for the stat and everything lights up etc, but it’s just not pairing. 😡😡😡😡. Driving me friggin nuts now!!

I would guess that the binding between the thermostat / timer and RF receiver has been lost or corrupted. Try clearing the binding and rebind / pairing the units again.

If that fails, it is probably cheaper to buy a new thermostat / timer and receiver than trying to repair it.
Thank you for your reply. I've tried re pairing it as best I can and I've reset the clock but its still not working so I've given up and got an engineer coming out on Tuesday

Reply to Salus RT510TX Trouble re pairing with boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I've got a Glowworm Flexicom 24hx boiler and I'm trying to unplug the installer cartridge in order to wire up the ebus connection inside. From what I've read, it should be possible to do this without opening the boiler, but there is limited access around the boiler and I'm struggling! From the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can help me get my radiators on :) My Salus ST620WBC ran out of battery after ticking over nicely for years. Got it back on OK .... but now the 'reciever' on the boiler (a Worchester Combi 30si) is not working. It was left with no signal for a day yesterday. I got...
Replies
Views
Hi, i've got a job with a Vaillant Ecotec 630 system boiler, and i don't know the full history but the house has definitely been extended significantly since the boiler was installed. There's now 21 radiators/towel rails. It's getting to temperature, but even after balancing, it's not heating...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock