Search the forum,

Discuss Salus RT510TX stopped working? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys, I've had the exact same problem today and the Mrs called Salus support line.

Nothing on the thermostat display screen, changing batteries didn't work!

So the guy on the phone tells us to take out the batteries and leave it for a full ten minutes, before putting batteries back in (must be alkaline he stated) and leaving it for ten minutes.
Imagine me rolling my eyes at this moronic idea! "Ye rite, as if that's going to do anything!"

So imagine our surprise when after doing this it worked and the screen came back on! No dismantling, no switches, no repairing to the boiler just leave it with no batteries in for ten mins then put batteries in for ten mins!

Wonder how many people have purchased a new thermostat with this issue having jot realised!

Good luck people.

Take the batteries out and leave for 5-10 minutes to allow the capacitors to drain. Reinsert batteries that will sort it.

Hi, my thermostat is about a year old and the screen has gone blank, changed the batteries. Then opened up the back and the on buttons were at the off position so clicked them back on. However its still not working, is there anything else I can try? The receiver now has a flashing red light so assume its not connected to thermostat because its not working? Help please

Ours was the screen connections. Take it apart. Most difficult bit was getting the battery springs out. Not too bad. Take the screws out of the back of the screen then clean the contacts and refit it. It may instantly come back to life because it may get power from the internal memory battery.
Doing this fixed ours anyway.

Thanks everyone. Same issue but it was just the batteries needing to be taken out, left for 30 mins, then replaced. Took me ages to find that out though.

If that’s the case mate then I would link out the receiver and control it form the boiler until they could afford to have it done correctly.
That is a good suggestion, actually didn't think of that. My mum has one of those controllers and although the display is on it just just not seem to be able to control the heating. I went through the user guide book to no avail, they are paired but it works like it is not. The heating was on all the time and was like the amazon in her house, wasting all her gas.

take out batteries and wait for 15 mins before replacing (amazingly) sorted it out for me

Happened to me tioo.
This video helped. I was impatient. But wait 10-15 minutes after switching the back buttons and then put the battery in and it works.

Hi everyone, my batteries ran out over the summer with out me realising... inserted some new ones and the display came on but I can't get it to pair for love nor money. The red like does not flicker but only show solid red.

Assuming you left the batteries out for 20 min or so are you using a good quality alkaline battery? Rechargeable or zinc carbon will not do!

Yes I had the same problem after 18 months.
The two spring wires that feed from the battery compartment pass through the PCB and are soldered onto the front of the board. However, the two solder pads on the rear of the board had no solder and apparently were not feeding this side. Two blobs of solder and it was back up and running

Hi guys, I've had the exact same problem today and the Mrs called Salus support line.

Nothing on the thermostat display screen, changing batteries didn't work!

So the guy on the phone tells us to take out the batteries and leave it for a full ten minutes, before putting batteries back in (must be alkaline he stated) and leaving it for ten minutes.
Imagine me rolling my eyes at this moronic idea! "Ye rite, as if that's going to do anything!"

So imagine our surprise when after doing this it worked and the screen came back on! No dismantling, no switches, no repairing to the boiler just leave it with no batteries in for ten mins then put batteries in for ten mins!

Wonder how many people have purchased a new thermostat with this issue having jot realised!

Good luck people.

I did exactly as you suggested and it worked .. thank you

Reply to Salus RT510TX stopped working? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock