Search the forum,

Discuss Salus rt500rf thermostat no longer controlling boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Max72

I have had a Salus RT500RF Thermostat and an Ideal boiler for about 2 years now. Up to now, the thermostat has controlled the boiler without any problems.

No adjustments have been made to the thermostat at all. Now, the boiler has taken on a life of it's own, and the heating just switches on, even if the temperature is above the "trigger activation temperature". The heating even comes on when the boiler is in the hot water function only.

The thermostat is not showing that it has switched on the boiler, as denoted by the digital flames on it's display when it does switch on the boiler, for heating or hot water purposes.

Any suggestions?

The jumper settings will be on the standard setting your installer will not have chnged because he was lazy. Now another lazy installer installed same thermostat nearby and has not changed settings and they are now cross talking.
Any one nearby had a new boiler recently

Get the instructions it shows you how to change jumper settings

Yes as above i think its page 10.
Change the pins and make sure they match up.
Dont forget to press reset.

9 out of 10 problems with these are to do with this issue.
Otherwise an inexpensive and reliable device for a smaller house imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus rt500rf thermostat no longer controlling boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock