Search the forum,

Discuss Salus RT500RF remote programmable room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simbo116

Hello all,

Got a problem with a new Salus RT500RF stat.The boiler is coming on during periods when the stat is set to 10 degrees and the room is not that cool.The boiler is a Main Eco 30 combi.I believe that the unit is wired correctly.
Has anyone had similar problems?Any ideas?

The most probable reason is that a neighbour has one and theirs is bringing yours on just change the frequency it shows you how in the instructions

Or take it back and get a decent one. Honeywell. Never had any luck with salus.

100% it's picking someone elses heat settings up. Change the frequency and the problem will be gone. Can't say I've ever had a real problem with Salus. Hope you get it sorted

They are junk. Change it!

AGREED! i've fitted ONE (Grahams own brand, made by Salus) and its been rubbish. Never again. the customer had a power cut and it connected to next doors.

Honeywell all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sometimes bad is good, good for your bank balance that is, if they lasted forever, there might be less work about. As long as they fail outside of warranty period though. Honeywell in my own house , salus for the customers. lol

Fitted over 50 of these, with only one failure.
On the other hand fitted 8 of the wireless honeywell room stats (dt92e) , going back to faulty stat number 5 tomorrow.

You pay your money, you take your chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salus RT500RF remote programmable room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock