Search the forum,

Discuss Salamander ESP100 CPV starting problem in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,
I’m after a bit of advice on an issue with a Salamander ESP100 CPV pump, when the shower is turned on the pump won’t start, to start it I have to open a tap briefly then the pump kicks in, i’ve checked the filters and the expansion vessel and they’re all ok, I see there are what appear to be impulse pipes feeding from the outlet fitting into the electrical housing which I presume connect to a pressure sensor? could this be the issue?
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Mmm Paul this is a negative head pump so you would have thought it should work!

The pump has also now been updated by Salamander to the RP100TU so presumably this is NOT a new installation but an existing installation that worked previously?

Assuming this to be the case it might be that the pressure switches sensitivity has begun to decline. What happens if you drop the shower head below the level of the shower valve and perhaps even take off the shower head? Thermostatic shower valves present a little more resistance than for example washered taps. I have seen a similar problem with a negative head pump which was rectified by just dropping the shower head below the valve occassionally. Not much help of course if the shower head is fixed in the wall!

Also maybe check the shower valve for non return valves and if it has these, remove them. Non return valves in showers are a backflow prevention device that is not really necessary with pump-powered and thus tank fed appliances - the tank itself providing AC or AG backflow protection.

Have you tried also contacting Salamander technical about the issue? Presumably the pump is beyond its 3 year warranty?

Mmm Paul this is a negative head pump so you would have thought it should work!

The pump has also now been updated by Salamander to the RP100TU so presumably this is NOT a new installation but an existing installation that worked previously?

Assuming this to be the case it might be that the pressure switches sensitivity has begun to decline. What happens if you drop the shower head below the level of the shower valve and perhaps even take off the shower head? Thermostatic shower valves present a little more resistance than for example washered taps. I have seen a similar problem with a negative head pump which was rectified by just dropping the shower head below the valve occassionally. Not much help of course if the shower head is fixed in the wall!

Also maybe check the shower valve for non return valves and if it has these, remove them. Non return valves in showers are a backflow prevention device that is not really necessary with pump-powered and thus tank fed appliances - the tank itself providing AC or AG backflow protection.

Have you tried also contacting Salamander technical about the issue? Presumably the pump is beyond its 3 year warranty?

Thanks Mich,

on the traditional mixer bar shower we have if I lower the shower head it does start the pump, on the Mira digital one however it doesn’t.
i did speak to salamander and to be honest they weren’t particularly helpful, they got me to reset the pump which it didn’t need but I did it any way, I then suggested checking the pressure in the expansion vessel which they said might help, but after that there answer was to buy a new pump! Which I’m loathed to do as this ones working just not starting as it should!

Looks like there’s a non return valve on the hot side but not the cold. I’ve tried going from hot to cold but still the same result!

Reply to Salamander ESP100 CPV starting problem in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock