Search the forum,

Discuss Safe silicone grease for kitchen mixer tap. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys,

We have a leaky kitchen mixer tap here which seems to be being caused by the plastic mixer valve/cartridge.

I had a search for the serial number but couldn't find anything matching so I thought I would take the valve apart, clean it and grease it up to see if that sorts it out.

As it is drinking water I am loathed to poison the family and am totally confused about what grease to use.

I have some of OKS 1110: 00111177 Xavax "OKS 1110" Multi Silicone Grease, 20 g | xavax.eu - https://www.xavax.eu/00111177/xavax-oks-1110-multi-silicone-grease-20-g?bySearch=oks%201110

Would this be safe to use?

Thanks for any help.

Andy

Yep it’s fine

Reply to Safe silicone grease for kitchen mixer tap. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My mother has been away on holiday for a few weeks and she has a kitchen mixer tap that has a very slow drip nothing significant - been like that for a couple of years. The mixer has a a long spout that can be rotated between sink and drain bowl. She left the house meticulously clean. I came to...
Replies
Views
Just looking for some advice, I have just fitted a new kitchen sink and both water pressures are the same in hot and cold on the mixer tap, both connected to tap flexies with shut off valves, however when hot is turned on it is not turning on the hot water for the boiler, previous sink had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am after a bit of advice on a leaking mixer tap in the kitchen. Water is leaking from the area highlighted and varies with the amount of water pressure when using the taps, that might seem obvious, but I am not DIY minded :). I have removed the mixer and replaced both O rings on the...
Replies
Views
Can an old mixer tap leak uncontrollably? The mixer tap in my kitchen is very old,maybe nearly 20 years. For the last year or so it has been leaking and getting worse. Get it replaced you say. Not as simple as that. The pipes into the house are very old lead pipes and years ago did leak where...
Replies
Views
R
Can an old mixer tap leak uncontrollably? The mixer tap in my kitchen is very old,maybe nearly 20 years. For the last year or so it has been leaking and getting worse. Get it replaced you say. Not as simple as that. The pipes into the house are very old lead pipes and years ago did leak where...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock