Search the forum,

Discuss S-Plan redesign for ufh, buffer tank, dhw, heat pump /with solar in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have looked at the S-PLAN wiring diagram (standard) for my new UFH/DHW system, but I don't think it offers me the best use of the new heat pumps resources, given i want to run the heat pump at low temp for a long time during sunlight hours only. Instead I came up with different control plan using motorized 2 way and 3 way valves, yet right now I don't have a system to control these valve, so ideas would be welcome, but is this sort of control plan viable?, can you please give pros and cons, or suggest better ways to maximize the power of the sun.
s-plan-improvment.png

How big are the ufh zones ?

Ive been looking at controllers and relays and timers, it seems better all round to squeze my plan into only four circuits so, on the circuit 4 I will make an adjustment and join that with circuit 2. so it provides heating in the evening from the buffer with the HP supporting.

Run it all as one zone and get rid of the buffer

Im running all energy of solar pv, so my aim is to reduce consumption and increase cop by running low temp water, all during daylight hours of running, so i dont need heat in the afternoon but thats my best time to make energy for the night, and ideally i dont want to have a buffer in the way of the ufh in the morning when everything is cold delaying the rooms from heating. so idea is to have ufh only first thing in the morning, then i want to switch over to heating the buffer tank only, with no heat going to the ufh, then i want to heat the DHW in the afternoon if the solar themal has not heated the tank up enough, then in the evening i want to heat the ufh with assistance from the buffer tank, and ideally wind down using the heatpump in the evening, (while drawing most from the buffer). so as far as i can see i will need 4 controllers to swich each zone on and off, and i dont find any other way to control it other than getting funky with some dedicated hardware software home build.

Your sacrificing your kop to run that the heat pump needs to be run long and low so leave the ufh on all day / heat pump 24/7 using a room set temp of 21 and a set back at night of 18

Unless your heat pump is massively oversized and it cycles when the ufh is on hence why your set on a buffer ?

Set the heat pump to heat the water at 2-4am or via two immersions via an eddy from your solar in the day

Reply to S-Plan redesign for ufh, buffer tank, dhw, heat pump /with solar in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock