Search the forum,

Discuss Rusted bolts under toilet cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

How would you remove seriously rusted toilet cistern bolts? (under cistern) they are beyond help from a spray, the rust has grown. I thought small angle grinder or multi tool.

How would you remove seriously rusted toilet cistern bolts? (under cistern) they are beyond help from a spray, the rust has grown. I thought small angle grinder or multi tool.
you will need to capture the top or bottom of the naughty bolts otherwise they will spin and just be troublesome.its often easier to capture the lower ones with grips as they have wingey nuts
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Last edited:
Each to their own sometimes based on the amount of room you have.

Just done one! Could only just get a hacksaw blade in, no way on gods earth a grinder or multi tool. At least with hacksaw you are unlikely to damage cistern/pan- be careful with grinder!

Club hammer...destroy the fecking thing.

Mini-recipricating saw with longish blade, perfect for that sort of thing.

Reply to Rusted bolts under toilet cistern in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock