Search the forum,

Discuss Rural Gravity Fed Pipe In River Setup, Any advice appreciated, in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey to all in the community, im not a plumber so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I reside in rural ireland and we currently get our mains water fed to us from a pipe which is one 1km long from a stream out the back of our property. It is then filtered with rocksalt, uv, Reverse Osmosis etc.

The water is collected in a concrete cyclinder "well" which sits in the gulley and flows to us downhill approx 1km.

Unfortunately it would appear this land does not belong to us through a mapping error, we would need to move the pipe downhill in the river approx 750 metres! meaning the pipe would now be 250 metres up stream with an altitude difference of only 10 metres.

I would like to have a pipe in the stream, that feeds down to two 1000l icb tanks to then feed our mains.

We did not build the first "well" so have no idea what calculations are involved. Would 10 metres difference in altitude over 250 metres of terrain provide sufficient pressure to feed our two icb tanks which would then feed the mains?

im aware pipe size effects flow and would appreciate anyones advice on the matter.

Many thanks

RuralIreland

Reply to Rural Gravity Fed Pipe In River Setup, Any advice appreciated, in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m replacing my old Honeywell Smartfit system on a oil fired gravity-fed system in a bungalow. I’ve read conflicting advice on gravity fed systems requiring an AAV, unless in a bungalow to aid bleeding on first fill? One AAV is in the loft on - what I think - is the boiler return pipe...
Replies
Views
We just had a waterhole bored and were lucky enough to find a flowing artesian, which delivers just over 500 gallons an hour without needing a pump. We need to feed only about a litre a minute into our reservoir, as this is sufficient for our rural household needs. I installed a Speedfit...
Replies
Views
We need an urgent advice, we have a gravity water system and we are in a middle of loft conversion. We are adding an en-suit in loft and prefer to have a good water pressure there. What we want, is to either be able to run multiple showers at once, or if one person is having a shower, other...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock